January 2011 saw the opening of the exciting new interior concept store The Home Quarter.
The Home Quarter lifestyle store showcases some of the most renowned and innovative brands in interior design, including Roche Bobois, Natuzzi, Calligaris and Boconcept.
Designed by Depiction Lab, The Home Quarter is located in the heart of Liverpool One's multi million pound development and is the North's leading destination for interiors, boasting an extensive collection of cutting edge brands including BoConcept and Calligaris. A totally unique concept to the high street, with proven success in their Leeds based sister store Redbrick Mill, The Home Quarter diminishes both rent and walls for each retail brand, with lease based entirely on a turnover basis and customers free to wonder from brand to brand, between competitors spaces.
Depiction Lab's aim was to design a classic, yet inspiring space for The Home Quarter, seamlessly integrating the mix of varying brands within the environment. The design creates a dialogue with the consumer, with simple, yet impactful graphic statements navigating them throughout the space and encouraging them to move between two buildings.
In addition, Depiction Lab worked hard to make the design energy efficient, helping to reduce CO2 levels and lower energy costs by integrating enhanced heating and lighting controls into the building’s infrastructure. This ecologically friendly approach to design resulted in the building qualifying for the government’s Carbon Trust Loan.
Integrating two conceptual retail spaces, key features include the statement staircase, which encapsulates a mix of bold graphics and stand-out, feature lighting, a Wall to Wall gallery of local artwork and a cafe roof terrace. The store is completed by an exciting window display, featuring a collection designed by Jean Paul Gautier for Roche Bobois.
• Brands include: Roche Bobois, Natuzzi, Boconcept Calligaris and Kartell.
• The cafe roof terrace opens summer 2011
• The Home Quarter is part of the Redbrick Mill Group, first launched in 2000 in Batley, Leeds. Address: Redbrick Mill, 218 Bradford Road Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 6JF Website: www.redbrickmill.co.uk/
• The Home Quarter website: www.thehomequarter.co.uk Address: The Home Quarter, Liverpool ONE, 53-55 Hanover Street, Liverpool, L1 3DN
• The Home Quarter was Project Managed by POP (Paul Osmond Projects) Website: www.pop-ltd.com
• Depiction Lab was founded by Matt Fyvie and James Briley in 2009. Website: www.depiction-lab.com